Saturday, September 13, 2008

cool stuff

I'm excited about some neat experiences coming up soon. Here's the list ( replete with details ). This Saturday ( Sept. 20 ) I'm going to the Franklin Graham festival in Charleston. It will be my second festival but this time I'm going to arrive early and ask questions from the volunteers and staff - digging into the Graham ministry and philosophy, and hopefully signing up as a volunteer for his next crusade. Added bonus: Newsboys will be performing. Then on October 18th Maria and I are driving down to Atlanta and catching Wicked ( blockbuster Broadway play that we both love ). Very intense performance. Then on Nov. 7 I'm driving up to Charlotte to attend the National Conference on Christian Apologetics ( http://www.nationalapologeticsconference.com/ ) James Dobson is the keynote speaker, but I'll also hear from Chuck Colson, Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, Erwin Lutzer, Hank Hanegraff, David Geisler and many more. In the evening I'll attend a debate considering the question "Does God Exist?" It will be between apologist Dinesh D'Souza and skeptic Michael Shermer. THEN on either Nov. 29, Dec. 4 or 6 ( depending on when they have an opening ) I'll drive down to Atlanta to help the South-east receiving center for Operation Christmas Child process all their shoe boxes. So those are some of the neat things happening in the next few months for me and I'm hoping to really broaden my experience and understanding of our Christian culture.

No comments: